do’s and don’ts of Best Tech
There’s simply no way to avoid technology in the activities of life these days. Everything we do to achieve great things involves technology, if not by phone calls, it will be by internet connection such as massaging, email and so on. This isn’t a problem as the sight of computers and other devices are here to bring solutions to our questions. The excitement and significance of technology in our everyday lives are undeniable.
Just like every other thing that does exist, there are restrictions put in place when using a computer or technology device.
Definitions of Technology
Our global future is developing through communication, collaboration, and innovation all of which are dependent on technology. The Internet is now a global marketplace, a global workspace, and a global meeting place that provides a vast array of opportunities to not only learn about the world but interact with the world. If you intend to begin a little company, you will need to get a comprehensive grasp of various things to make sure of its success. Even things in nature can be utilized in unnatural ways. If this is the case, you are in the most suitable spot.
Technology is the use of scientific application of knowledge to invent useful things or to solve problems in industry, engineering, etc through a practical aim of human activities or, as it is sometimes phrased, to the change and manipulation of the human environment.
Getting familiar with Tech?
Getting familiar with the technology via the learning process allows you to move from static learning materials to more dynamic interactive media content. The benefit of technology in learning is that people often learn faster when they are not only listening to the teacher and reading textbooks but also participating in engaging academic activities. With the advancement of technology today, most Organizations and institutions are setting up a higher standard to meet up with the trending ways of business and learning standards through software applications created for business and growth. It is therefore a task for all individuals to learn and be efficient with the use of technology.
For example, using applications that target the ideal audience and track the users’ behavior may be a big benefit for the organization. There are four standard elements of network architecture that have to be taken into consideration when designing a network. Including a high-speed 5G network would help transport big data files of health imagery which may enhance the caliber of care. With the familiarity of technology by individuals, you can be able to
- Have Access To The Latest Information
It takes a long time to update academic textbooks and other printed materials, so they often contain obsolete knowledge, especially when it comes to modern science or contemporary history. But online information is dynamic and always updated. On the internet, new information is spread instantly and can be instantly integrated into the learning process making this one of the most powerful benefits of technology in learning.
- Have global and digital opportunities
Digital media literacy in a global era offers more than using technology to do the things that were done by hand before such as data or word processing, retrieving information, presenting knowledge, and one-to-one communication it now allows easy participation in sophisticated global experiences and networks that our wired world affords.
- Develop media literacy on a global scale.
Help students identify, access, analyze, and evaluate media from around the world, including international news sources that are available in both local languages and English translation. Go deeper to facilitate awareness of how and why different events, peoples, communities, and cultures are represented in the global mass media and how these both reflect different contexts and affect cross-cultural understanding.
- Get answers by asking questions
By asking a question through internet technology, it Broadens students’ exposure to opinions from other countries through digital media created by individuals, such as blog posts, podcasts, and videos as well as dialogue via comment boards, video conferences, and any number of collaborative technology tools. Technology help students to ask multiple foreign media outlets when conducting research for their project, and can also ask them to analyze the reasons why different sources take different angles as part of their findings. Be sure to build this into assessment rubrics.
- Tap into global knowledge networks.
Help students realize the power of “collective intelligence” through global networks where information is collected and analyzed. Participation in these networks enables students to develop cross-cultural understanding while addressing global issues, synthesizing information from multiple cultures, and collaborating in global teams to responsibly build on existing knowledge as well as generate new knowledge.
There are many online collaborative science projects leading the way. The GLOBE program (Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment), operated by NASA and the National Science Foundation in 110 countries, engages youth, educators, community members, and scientists in collecting and sharing data internationally about critical environmental issues.
- Engage a global audience through online publishing.
These days, students should not only share their research and ideas through technology within a classroom or school but also share their learning worldwide through online publishing tools and websites that reach a global audience. One example is the International Insider student newspaper of the College of Staten Island High School for International Studies (CSI) in New York City.
Don’ts of Best Technology
- Don’t access pornographic or obscene material or material that could offend others.
- Don’t use or connect to public WIFI or a stranger’s hotspot with your device.
- Don’t let anyone else use any of your accounts or tell anyone your password.
- Don’t carelessly download videos, music, or anything else that is copyrighted by other people.
- Don’t expose the IP address of your technology device or gadgets.
- Don’t use IT facilities to bully or harass other people.
- Don’t install unlicensed or malicious software.
- Don’t use IT facilities to advertise goods or services.
- Don’t uninstall security software from your University-owned devices.
- Don’t click on any link you see on the internet or any link sent to you that seems suspicious.
Do’s of Best Technology
- Follow the Secure IT advice about IT security.
- Log out of computer systems when you have finished using them.
- Only use University IT systems for purposes relating to your study, research, or work at the University.
- Buy devices that connect by cords/cables. If they have wireless capability, be sure you can turn that emission features OFF.
- Sleep without nearby electromagnetic field generating devices. Get a battery-powered alarm clock
- Remember that every website you visit or page that you print costs the University money.
- Think carefully about your online conduct to protect personal information.
- Keep your operating systems and software up to date.
- Always keep your device away from your body part while sleeping.
Errors made when practicing technology
- Watching movies with a projector while is not a good way of using technology effectively.
- Learning without a mavis beacon to master your typing skills is not a nice idea of using tech effectively.
- Using the interactive whiteboard just like you used to use the chalkboard is not using technology effectively.
- Having students snap pictures of images from the projector screen is not using technology effectively.
- Using PowerPoint or the document camera as a means for students to copy notes is not using technology effectively.
- Having students copy notes from an overhead projector is definitely not an effective use of technology.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
With learning so many things from the internet, do you ever run into any problem?
The internet is a public platform with both good and bad people, which is why it is advisable not to log in or click on any link you see online.
How do I avoid mistakes in technology use?
To avoid mistakes in technology use, you are advised to always learn the instruction manual before use, to avoid mistakes that could lead to damage to the technology.
Why is technology so important in our life?
Society changes every day as human wants and needs keep increasing. technology has proven to be the fastest and smartest way to help with human demands and also solve 80% of the human problem. On that note, technology is important because of the undeniable role it has played to solve and bring solutions to human problems.
If our technology were to go away, our lives would be really tough for a while until everyone learned to live without it. There’s simply no way to avoid technology these days. Technology has made our society make it to the point of ignorance to the fact that there might be a day when our technology does not work and they cannot, at the moment, live without it. We have grown to rely on our technology to make our lives easier This isn’t a problem if the sight of computers and other devices excites you but it can be a bit of a hassle if these things are more likely to give you nightmares. Always try to read and use the instruction manual giving to you. My solution is that we begin that transition sooner rather than later. If you have basic map-reading skills, you can look at a road map and get to your destination.
Hope this was helpful for more update contact naijateck.com