Best place for Gadget
Best place for Gadget
Testing Centres of Nigeria’s automobile in Lagos, Enugu, and Zaria are to be completed in 2021
Nigeria’s automobile testing centres in Lagos, Enugu, and Zaria will be completed this year said by the DG of National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC)
The Director-General of the National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC), Jelani Aliyu, has announced that Nigeria’s automobile testing centres in Lagos, Enugu, and Zaria should be in working condition this year 2021.
The DG, who revealed that the Federal Government is going all-out in its industrial revolution plans, made this disclosure while speaking at a news interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) yesterday in Abuja.
Aliyu, in his statement, noted that the testing facilities in Lagos, Enugu, and Zaria, which are currently at the concluding stage, will not only provide technical support services to key players in the automotive sub-sector, but also ensure global standard compliance in the automotive industry.
He stressed that the facility would help in vetting spare parts or components brought to, or made in Nigeria, adding that it would help to ensure the minimum global standard, otherwise it will be deemed illegal and would not be sold in the Nigerian market.
Best place for Gadget What their reactions are
The National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) boss, who spoke extensively during the news interview with NAN, made the following disclosures while speaking about the status of automotive testing facilities:
“We have finished the construction of automotive testing facilities in Lagos, Enugu, and Zaria and should be up and running this year.
“Any spare part or component that is brou
ght or made in Nigeria must meet minimum global standard otherwise it will be deemed illegal and we won’t allow it to be sold in the Nigeria market.
“All these are steps the Federal Government is taking to ensure that the necessary environment is created in Nigeria for investors.”
Essentials to Know
- As stated on the National Automotive Design and Development Concil (NADDC) website, for locally made vehicles to be competitive, it is essential to note that the quality of the vehicles assembled in Nigeria must meet international standards.
- On account of to foster the comprehensive development of the automotive industry in the long run and make Nigeria a regional powerhouse in the industry, NADDC under the NAIDP has made clear provisions to address both infrastructural and human capacity needs.
- Off cause the those provisions include the establishment of automotive test centres. The civil works for the council’s automotive test laboratories have reached 90% completion and approval for the purchase of the equipment has been given by the FEC. The Gadget Place
- When the test facilities is completed, will test vehicle emission, safety components/parts, materials (Metal, Plastic, and Rubber) and undertake full vehicle evaluation unto standard.
- In light of this, the strategic targeting of international OEMs into Nigeria’s auto industry will enhance overall product quality and standards.
|Test Center Name in Lagos|
|N.O||Test Center Name||Address|
|1||Head office||No. 16, Muyibat Oyefusi Str,|
(Tel: 08186797195, 08180003426)
|2||Ayobo Center||[VIS Office] Falola Str, Majiyagbe Layout, Church Bus-Stop.|
|3||Oko-Oba centre||[VIS Office] No. 1, Palm View Estate, Suco Bus Stop, opp RRS Command,|
|4||PWD centre||[VIS Office] Work yard, Old Secretariat,|
|5||Agric Isawo centre||[VIS Office] Beside Rehabilitation Vocational Center, Oremeji Taylor Close, off Owutu/Isawo Road,|
|6||Epe centre||[VIS Office] Work yard, after T-Junction, Opp Epe Resort and Spa, Epe Itoki expressway,|
|7||Ojodu centre||VIS Testing Ground, Ogunnusi Road,|
|8||Gbagada centre||[VIS Office] NCI Gbagada, beside Flour mill,|
|9||Cele centre||Itire-Ikate LCDA office Annex,|
Cele Bus Stop.
|10||Ibeju Lekki centre||Behind Ibeju-Lekki, LG Secretariat, Igango Olopa,|
|11||Odongunyan centre||[VIS Office] Odongunyan by Olopomeji Bus stop,|
|12||Badagry centre||[VIS Office] PWD yard, Hospital Road, Badagry town,|
|13||Oko-Afo centre||[VIS Office] LASTMA Bus Stop, Badagry expressway,|
|14||YABA centre||No. 8 Edmond Crescent Jibowu,|